Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resourcing Tender Plans

1 reply [Last post]
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
What dictates the level that resource is added in a bid programme on a construction project?

Is it the requirement for say, a Level 3 programme? or is it the level that the pricing document within the tender is broken down to?

Replies

James Griffiths
User offline. Last seen 15 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Oliver,

Whatever the client wants, the client sometimes gets :-)

We’re doing a bid at the moment on which there seems to be no requirement at all to show the resource profile. However, the programme that I’m constructing is a Level 5 - which is defined to each document deliverable (starting at the work-package name). This programme could actually be used for engineers’ timesheet bookings. For a bid, it might be considered as a bit too detailed. However, I prefer to go into as detailed a programme as possible in order to determine whether we can achieve the scope within the required timescales. Moreover, the client has prescribed the suite of documents that he wants to see, anyway, so we might as well show him that we have the capability to programme it to that level. It just avoids any nasty surprises later on.

Personally, I have no problem in resourcing it to the aforementioned level - but primarily to act as a guide rather than an absolute. Obviously, the more accurate the logic, the more reliable the profile data - but the longer it takes to compile the programme. The same old story applies - with too little time to do a thorough job - but as long as the client appreciates that, then I have no problem.

HTH

James.