Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PIPING SCHEDULE

4 replies [Last post]
Shaunna Inks
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, experts, ’am new in scheduling, was asked to do detailed schedule on mechanical piping in a refinery, can anyone point me to where I could get a sample work breadown structure on piping? I checked the summary schedule and only shows a 1 line activity mechanical piping installation. can anyone help? I appreciate any info!

Replies

Shaunna Inks
Hi, Rodel! Salamat!
I will email you the stuff that was given to me, and I don’t know where to start.....
thank you again.
Regards,
Shaunna
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 16 hours ago. Offline
Hi Shaunna Inks,

For Piping usually track as follows.

Piping Fabrication
1) Handling
2) Prep/ Fit-up of spools
3) Welding/ Jointing
4) NDT
5) Painting (Optional/ it can be site painting)
6) Delivery on Site

Piping Instalation
1) Handling/ Set-up in place
2) Jointing (Welding, Screwed, Bolt-up)
3) Valves/ In-line items installation
4) NDT
5) Support/ Hanger
6) Painting/ Touch-up paint
7) Insulation (Optional)
8) Hydrotest
9) Punch list

Commissioning also required but it should be separate WBS as it has their on task/ activities.

Regards,
Rodel
Shaunna Inks
Thanks, Anoon, I was just given a list of the piping spools, total and , with engineering dwg fabrication dates, ship dates, rec’d on site... but i need to look at a construction methodology, any samples?. thanks again!
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
check your drawings, specifications and methodologies and apply it