Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Glossary of Planning / Scheduling Terms

6 replies [Last post]
Gary France
User offline. Last seen 15 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear PPer’s

The PEO has today launched it’s Glossary of Terms on the PEO website.

The purpose of this Glossary is to provide common understanding to the terms frequently found in the planning and scheduling disciplines. The PEO is deeply indebted to and wishes to thank David Bordoli who has spent considerable time and effort in creating this glossary. David has done a terrific job and I am sure that you will agree with me that we should applaud him for his considerable efforts in this.

Comment and feedback will be welcome to add new entries or definitions, especially those that are terms specific to planners and schedulers in specific industries and different countries.

You can find the Glossary here

Best Wishes,

Gary France
Chairman
Planning Engineers Organisation

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Ritchie

The Planning Engineers Organisation closed down a few years ago when Gary retired.

It was a great loss to the planning community.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Ritchie Fadrigalan
User offline. Last seen 8 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

dear all,

the link is not working anymore. is there any other link?

ritch

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Nice work David. That must have taken some time.

I’d suggest adding:

Schedule Logic - the relationships and constraints that determine the activity timetable

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems
David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 7 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Norzul

Thanks for your support.

The Glossary is meant to be specific to Planning and Programming. There are quite a few excellent Project Management glossaries around and they include many, but not all, of the definitions in the PEO Glossary. Also, of course Programme Management glossaries include many other definitions that are not strictly of importance to planners and schedulers.

Naturally some of the definitions in the PEO Glossary will be similar, or even the same, as in other glossaries (after all there are only so many words in the English language with which to describe things), however, I have tried to aim for ease of understanding and use.

As Gary says comment and feedback is welcome, where possible please address feedback should be addressed to glossary@planningengineers.org (I might not always notice comments on PP)
Regards

David
Norzul Ibrahim
User offline. Last seen 16 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Gary & David,

Good job. We should have somekind of "star" voting to those who have contributed something to this forum Please refer to Engr-Tips Forum.

Engr-Tips Forum

Regarding the glossary, is it different from the PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) - American National Std? In our company normally we use this standard as our reference.

Thanks

norzul