Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Manhour Rates

1 reply [Last post]
Brennan Westworth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Does anyone know of a good source for manhour rates or "norms" as some people call them for construction activities?

usually in the form of manhours / unit

I am mostly interested in Industrial and Heavy Engineering.

Concrete works , structural steel erection, mechanical installation, conveyors, electrical cable pulling and termination.

the production rates on this website appear to be mostly building construction related and only for duration estimation. In projects I work on this is driven mostly by resource levels.

thanks in advance

Brennan

Replies

pmkb .
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
We have a list of estimating books that might offer what you are seeking. I’ve heard people recommending the R.S. Means books before.

Stacy
Participate at the Project Management Knowledge Base!