Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Memorandum to report a problem

4 replies [Last post]
Günther Bürgisser
User offline. Last seen 18 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Gentlemen,

I have to write a one-page memorandum reporting on planning and scheduling analysis to my manager, explaining him the issues and proposing a solution regarding a problem. Is there any format for this? What does a memorandum like this contains? Does anyone of you know a webiste where I can download a format or samples for this type of memorandum? If you wish to give me hand on this, please e-mail me to gburgisser@engineer.com (in any format, Word, PDF, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Günther.

Replies

Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Günther,

I don’t know if this is going to be any use to you, but it sounds as if what you have to do, in PRINCE2 terms is raise an issue against the project. It’s usually a constructive action, highlighting the problem and suggesting a course of action.

If you use the link below, it will take you to the PRINCE2 Website where you will find a number of templates for project documentation.

PRINCE2 templates

Suggest you look at the Project Issue template which might be useful.

Regards

Chris Oggham
Günther Bürgisser
User offline. Last seen 18 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you Mr. Charleston-Joseph Orbe for your answer, which I will take into consideration.

Now I would like to know the points of views of the other experts.

Thank you.
Edgar Ariete
User offline. Last seen 5 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

In what language you want your memo to be written, in German or in English?
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Gunther,

For one page memorandum, you can focus on the critical path activities.

I. EVENTS THAT IMPACT ON THE CRITICAL ACTIVITIES.

II. HIGHLIGHTS OF IMPACTED SCHEDULE ( you may sun the baseline program, then evaluate the new finish date).

III. ACTION PLAN (This could be action plan to mitigate delays or it could be an action plans for futute claims).

Simple.

Cheers,

Charlie