Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Production Rates...???

5 replies [Last post]
Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
I m a little confused here...

Can any 1 tell me how can we assign production rates without knowing the resources...

or is it that the resources generally has no relation to the production rates

Replies

Edgar Ariete
User offline. Last seen 5 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Production rates will only work on detailed plans. If you want to finish your plan before your project ends..., try other way, or you can ask the big boys out there....
Shareef Abdul Azeez
I think i get what ur trying to say

i might just have to use these rates based on the activity description..

But what i ve seen where i work is that we further split the activities into the resources involved and then aplly the production rates for these resources for eg: plants(graders,trailors...)

and then use this information for plant and material projections...

What do u think bout this...

I might be wrong but this is the picture ive got...

I m actually new on P3

Shareef Abdul Azeez
thank for the information

But when the production rates are displayed here in PP,

the resources utilised are not mentioned.

The how are we supposed to use these rates or is there any standard set of resources involved ....

Are there any code books on this...?
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Ashref,

Please dont get confuse. Resources has relation in production rates, believe the expert in me. What type of resources you will use in accomplishing activities (example: excavation) will affect your production rate.

Meaning: manual excavation will give you higher production rates MH/cu. m. compare to machine excavation production rates MH/ cu. m.

I hope this will clear your confussion. If you need additional example, go back to PP.
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
It is possible to assing production rates because production rates are available in books, generally, estimating norms.

You look at PP. PP got production rates and you can assing these production rates.