Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cash flow

9 replies [Last post]
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
What is meant by cash flow in and cash flow out? Moreover please let me know the most popular cost control methods being commonly used.

Replies

Althaf Mohamed
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Everyone
Can somebody tell me how to findout cash in flow and cash out flow from a Cost and Resoures loaded programme using P3..........

Regards
Althaf Mohamed
Cyril Armentia
User offline. Last seen 7 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
I agree that Cash In-Flow is the invoice claim from client deducted by the retention amount and this can be determined even during planning stage as long as you know the percentage of retention. Normally retention payment is in the contract.

The Cash Out-Flow is not only an invoice claim by Sub-contractors but it also includes expences on salaries and wages, office operating cost, equipment operating cost, materials cost and other outgoing payments intended for a specified project. Materials cost is the most troublesome to determine. Few reasons I have encountered such as;

Order of Steel or other materials- the company is given a 15 day or 30 days credit line. Sometimes supplier may ask for advanced or downpayment.

Sub-contract works - some 3rd party sub-contractors may request an advanced or downpayment prior to execution of the sub-contract work.

Change of quotation price due to inflation and after the validity of the quotation.

These 3 items above sometimes does not exist during tender stage and you will only know during implementation of the project. These are some of the items that is not easy to predict during planning stage.
Mohammad Kaifi
User offline. Last seen 7 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
I’m agreed with the answer of Mr.Sohail jafari about the cash flow-in & cash flow -out..
In Cash flow -in we consider deduction of Retention Amount
if it’s involve in contract agreement.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
I’m agreed with the answer of Mr.Sohail jafari about the cash flow-in & cash flow -out..
In Cash flow -in we consider deduction of Retention Amount
if it’s involve in contract agreement.
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks to all for reply.

Its my first thread when I joined planning planet at initial stage as taking first step in Project Management.

Russell Kenley
User offline. Last seen 5 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
If you are still interested, I have written a book on the subject, which is available from Amazon.com

Its called "Financing Construction, Cash flows and cash farming" by Russell Kenley - Spon Press.
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Cash Flow - Managing your money to carry out construction activities(for example) without interrupting your work in order to complete your project smoothly.

in order to do this, based on your valuation break-down as agreed between you(contractor) and client, load these values into a resource which is assigned to all activities in the construction schedule. Then you can run a report to see, on completion of activities(in summary) as per everymonth, what is the amount you can claim from your client. Prepare a S-Curve, it would be used as a basis to report progress of work-done to the client in monthly report.

Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Munawar,
Please see financial plan methods in the business plan.

Regards
Soheil Jafari
User offline. Last seen 3 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Fiend,
Usualy for showing the outcome and income of project, we use cashflow.
cashflow usualy have 2 parameter:
cash-in flow : for all income to peoject ( like: the amount of invoices form client)
cash-out flow : for all costs of peoject ( like: the amount of invoices form suncontractors)