Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

what can i expect in the Interview?

1 reply [Last post]
deepthi deepthi
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi

iam a devloper(.net)and recently shfted to usa lookin for a job.in my husbands firm theres an opening for project planner and he enquired about it we should have a basic understanding of primavera later if selected they wil be give training

i have done mba and worked for an year as a BA too

What questions can i expect as i have no clue about project planning

Please help 

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

Deepthi,

I think your best chance is to be quite open with the interview, and tell them you have no experience in planning, but are a quick and eager learner. Then demonstrate this by researching topics such as:

-Earned Value

-Forward Pass

-Backward Pass

-Total Float

-Critical Path

-Baselines

-Gantt Chart

-Predecessors and Sucessors

If they are looking for a junior planner to work under someone more experienced, they may consider you. However if they are looking fo someone with a basic understanding of primavera (which you won't have), then I think you are unlikely to be sucessful.

Good luck!