Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

www.projectprogrammemanagement.com.

6 replies [Last post]
Cherie S Blare
User offline. Last seen 15 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
www.projectprogrammemanagement.com.

This is the best P&P website I have seen to date owned by a fellow planner.

Regards

Cherie.

Replies

Cherie S Blare
Thanks Chris.
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Cherie, I’ve just visited the website you are advocating, and I’m afraid I agree with David. There really isn’t very much information there at all and, I’m sorry to have to say this, but it appears to be all style and no substance. As you say, it is early days for the site yet, but one way you can get round sparse information and engender visitor confidence is by citing the experience of the people involved with the organisation. The easiest way to do this is by including mini-biographies of the people who will be doing the work. Emphasise their strengths and experience, the major companies they have worked for and with and the quality of the service they will be providing to prospective clients. Another way to gain a quick win is to include some general information about project and programme management. It needn’t be in any great depth, but it should be suffucient to convince prospective clients that you know what you’re talking about. Of course, this can take time to produce and get on line, however, one way to speed up the process is to find appropriate information on other sites, rewrite it to customise it to your own methods of operating and publish that. One source you may find useful is Office of Government Commerce’s section on Programmes and Projects. If you get your colleagues to look around then I’m sure that they will be able to come up with plenty of ideas of their own. Chris Oggham
Cherie S Blare
Dear David,

Apologies, but this is not my website, but a few ex-colleagues who have been planning for years. Anyway, we have been discussing the feedback over the last few weeks as they are only starting this business up on a budget, given the current economic climate / crisis. I do however appreciate that it was possibly a bit premature to promote the website on the forum ( but they need all the promotion they can get I suppose. )

Anyway, if you have any further feedback / queries please reply to cherieblare@yahoo.ie. Thanks Again.

Cherie
Cherie
David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Cherie

No, I would not agree. Equally you could say that your website does not encompass the range of services that others do. But it is not only that, the content of the site is facile, there is no real information, no USP, no track-record, no client list and so on.

These are some sites just off the top of my head, I haven’t done any real research into the multitudes of consultants in the UK market though:
www.projectplanning.co.uk
www.trett.com
www.hillintl.com
www.navigantconsulting.com
www.jrknowles.com
and not forgetting www.driverconsult.com

I appreciate that there does not seem to be many planning/programming consultants in Ireland (from my very brief Google search) but your website is far from exceptional - in fact, did any of the replies to any of your multiple postings produce a positive response? I am happy if you wish to promote your business but it is not a good idea, in my opinion, to make unsupportable claims. Best to start low key and exceed expectation rather than over-sell and disappoint.

David
Cherie S Blare
Dear David

All other websites that I have seen do not encompass the range of services that this one does. Would you agree David?

Regards

Cherie
David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Really Cherie?

I guess that must mean you have not seen many (any) other P&P websites owned by fellow planners or otherwise.