Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Hand in hand - Planners/Schedulers

1 reply [Last post]
Galing Galing
User offline. Last seen 16 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Ha ha ha, way to go Nigel Winkley!

I agree with you totally! I’m first & foremost a planner/scheduler and SECONDLY a plan/schedule software tools jockey?... Although I have to admit that in today’s technology, our project bosses expect us to be experts in both, just like working on a task that requires both hands, we have the right hand and the left hand, working hand in hand, in an updated way, we get it done on time!

cheers!
tony
USA

PS: Is there someone out there working on a project as a scheduler and has to be good at at least half a dozen scheduling softwares/programs/applications interfacing and complimenting each other to generate a range of matrix reports and analysis as required by the client? I’m about to embark on such a mega project! WISH ME LUCK! he he he.

Replies

Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Tony,

I agree with you.

We do have two hands.

It is like the song in kindergarten

"I have two hands, the left and the right, hold them up high"

As we go to high school and teens, our friends told us that the other hands has other use "yabati"

Now that we are working as planner, I agree with your idea
"our project bosses expect us to be experts in both, just like working on a task that requires both hands, we have the right hand and the left hand, working hand in hand, in an updated way, we get it done on time!"

Cheers,