Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera Courses Hand Outs

5 replies [Last post]
David Moses
User offline. Last seen 11 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi There,

How can I find Primavera Courses Hand Outs?

Course 102
Course 106-P
Course 106-R
Course 101
Course 107
etc.

Regards,

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
As I state in my book information form, my books are aimed at teaching people how to plan and control projects up to an intermediate level. I touch on histograms and tables in my latest versions, but not in great detail.

Reporting could be a whole book on its own and the Primavera manual is quite good in the way it presents reports, so I have not put too much effort in this area and refer people to the Primavera manual.

The P3 book has been on the market and I get virtually no feedback and this is the first time I have been asked for content to be added to the book. I am quite happy to add chapters if there is demand. If I rewrite this book I will add some more on reports.

I am starting my Primavera 6.0 book on Monday, I am happy to take any suggestions on additional content for this book.

If anyone would like to get involved in reviewing books I have written a guide for book reviewers and it is available on my web site under technical articles.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
Nar Thap
User offline. Last seen 15 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Paul,
I saw your book on Project planner p3 version, but disappointing is you have missed one of the most important topic on graphical reports. Planners need to generate histograms and s-curves and your book won’t help it on that corner.
cheers
Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
hi
david i have hard copy of course 102
but its not useful.
its not at all useful than the help menu.

cheers

mangesh
David Moses
User offline. Last seen 11 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi There,

Of course, It is already known fact that those materials are distributed to the people who attends those courses.

But please keep in mind that you have to pay hundreds of dollars for them too.

http://www.primavera.com/customer/training/courses.asp

That is why I am asking to the PP Members to share such materials.

Regards,

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
These appear to be course notes that Primavera Systems provide with their courses and are not normally available unless you attend a course.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au