Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Would everyone here use a 3/1 data date for February progress?

No replies
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 week 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Would everyone here use a 3/1 data date for February progress? (aside from some stated date like the 15th etc.) - this way it would match Feb. cost data etc., I always heard that the data date line was like 8am or whatever starting time.  I assume in theory that could be changed to 5pm or whatever ending time but I have never heard of anyone doing that.  

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 3 days 4 hours ago. Offline

The recommended and standard practice of data date is last working date and time of the reporting cycle.
Ex: Weekly cut-off = every Friday Cut-off at last working time say 5:00PM 
     Bi-weekly cut-off = alternate Friday Cut-off at last working time say 5:00PM
     Monthly cut-off = Last Friday of the Month at last working time say 5:00PM
     Shutdown per shift = Say at every 6:00PM 1st Shift and 6:00AM 2nd Shift