Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How did Zoltan do this on the P6 output?

2 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 52 min 6 sec ago. Offline
Groups: None

This is from an example that Zoltan did...how did you/he get just the ends, remaining duration portion red?  Below that is mine, I assume he used a date filter but what filter would that be?  - remaining duration?  Zoltan usually beats people to the answer but I assume others know...

Replies

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 15 min 18 sec ago. Offline

John,

Posting Images

the PP forum tools are quite outdated and can't handle images attached into the posts. Another option you have is to save you image as a JPG/PNG file on your PC, then use an image hosting provider to upload, then refernce the image in your post. 

For example, you can go to Imgur: The magic of the Internetand you don't need to register or anything, just hit "New Post" and then load the file. You will then see a button for share links and you copy the HTML link and then just paste that here into the PP post.

Zoltans example

Given that we can't see the image, it may be one of the following

1) Split activities

2) Multiple bar styles, P6 positions bars in an order in the Bars lists, so one bar with one colour, might be sitting just above, or below another bar showing the same activity as a different colour. However I'd be surprised if its this as they should all be showing the same dates

3) Roll up of a group where the bars are being shown when grouped.

John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 52 min 6 sec ago. Offline
Groups: None

OK, I tried to post graphics and they didn't show up.  Let mw know how to post graphics perhaps but I will describe it...His bars are green except for the ends are red with just the critical days remaining on each.  When I do it, the entire bar is red.