Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to create Sr. No field in Reports using P6 Professional

3 replies [Last post]
muhammad sajjad
User offline. Last seen 2 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I group the projects for a specific project code in Reports. But my Boss asks me to give serial numbers as i given below. I am unable to find any command to create this auto numbering serial for the grouped project code. Can anyone help me in this regard.

Open Projects  

Sr. NoProject IDProject NameBudgeted Amount
1Aasdf 
2Bdfg 
3Ccfds 

Muhammad Sajjad

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 3 hours ago. Offline

Hi Mohammad,

You can copy and paste to excel the layout that you have in your Project Portfolio or Project Layout then you can do any counting or any formatting on your report. The best and quickest work around on your problem.

muhammad sajjad
User offline. Last seen 2 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

If i type in UDF, it will not show consecutive number after filtering or grouping a specific code. Can we count the specific code in P6 professional and put in reports? This may fulfill the need. For example if i froup the open projects i want to show the numbers against open open project heading like 10 or 20 what so ever.

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 3 hours ago. Offline

Hi Muhammad,

Primavera (P6) has no Auto Number Project Code in the system. The Line number function is only for Activity level.

My alternative solution is to create a Project Users Define Field  with integer settings and manually type the numbering system.