Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing a Resource Assignment Excel File to P6 Schedule

3 replies [Last post]
khalid alshurafa
User offline. Last seen 3 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Gents,

After making an excel file export from the schedule, I have tried to import again to the same schedule.

However, when I reached the step at which I should select the project to import for, the screen was empty and didn't give any project to select. Hence, I have tried to do the import from a different user account and to the same project and didnt face this issue, and the issue appeared only at my user account.

Does any one has a solutioin for this

Thanks,

Replies

khalid alshurafa
User offline. Last seen 3 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Guys,

It has worked after trying the import at anther EPS to which I have access as lead planner/scheduler.

Regards,

Khalid, 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 3 hours ago. Offline

Steven is correct you do nto have the rights to do this

Steven Auld
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
It may be that you do not have Project Superuser access. This is required for excel import.
Steven