Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing Resource Assignments & Budgeted Units in P6

2 replies [Last post]
Mine Sen
User offline. Last seen 11 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello everyone, I’ve been referring to PP about P3 for a while. I just started using P6 and I couldn’t find a similar post on the forum about this issue. I’m trying to import resource assignments from excel to P6 using the import facility. To begin with activities do not have any resources nor budgeted quantities. I have the necessary resources in my resource dictionary, including their resource types, unit of measures, unit prices. When import a material resource for an activity the resource shows up as a labor resource in the project. More suprisingly when I recalculate the assignment costs, the costs are calculated perfectly using the unit costs in the resource dictionary. What am i doing wrong? Is it not possible to import both resource assignments and bugdeted units to P6 via excel at once?

Replies

Greg Prescott
User offline. Last seen 12 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

And remember to use the Export Type as Resource Assignments.

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Sen,

You can import both simultaneously. However, the Resource Type is always equivalent to Labor as default.

If you wish you can assign first the resources in P6 prior to export to Excel and assign the corresponding quantities in Excel and export it back to P6.

Regards,

Arnold