Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Assignment using Export/Import

3 replies [Last post]
Ariel Malibiran
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Hi everyone!

Need some help pls..I have loaded my resources (Labor and NonLabor) in the schedule using the export/import functions. The odd is after the importing of resources, the Resource Type for all the NonLabor resources I have imported were changed to Labor although it were NonLabor in the spreadsheet I have used during the import.

Thanks,

Ariel

Replies

PINAN T.
User offline. Last seen 5 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

In the menu, select Help then click about primavera

you will see the release version

or from your exported xer you can open it in notepad then you can check it if 6.0.0.0 means p6 version 6

Ariel Malibiran
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Mr. Pinan T.

I think im using P6.0. Not so sure, coz I just got it from my friend. You're right, exporting and importing the schedule in XER solved the inconsistencies. By the way, how can I know exactly the version of P6 I am using? Can't find it the properties of P6.

Thanks again,

Ariel

PINAN T.
User offline. Last seen 5 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

hi ariel

which p6 version did you use?

6.0 or 6.1 bug i think

export the project to xer then import as new project will solve it in 6.1

6.2 and later version solved this problem