Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resources Error Export/Import of Projects

3 replies [Last post]
Christopher Amores
User offline. Last seen 11 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

Good day!

Just want to ask about this query which happend to me lately.

I have made a Resources Loaded Schedule (BOQ Items as resources, which in turn will give me Total Budget Cost). I export it and import it to another computer. It shows a different Total Budget Cost in the new PC. I found out that some activities only have 1 resource while it should be more than 1. The difference can be traced to activities with multiple resources of the same resource. I mean, same resource added multiple times to the same activity but different Budgeted Units. Only 1 resource is imported to the other PC, what happen to the rest of the resources? Does this happen to P6 v.7? Anybody who can shere some info would highly be appreciate. Thanks.

Replies

Arend Woltjer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Christofer,

Leaving the mutiple resources unchecked would have saved you a lot of worries...

unfortunately you have to put some kind of identifier to each of your resource assignments to make them unique.

I saw that another possibilty is to give each resource asingment a different cost account and use import and export via Excel.

I do not know of any other solution.

Regards,

Arend

Christopher Amores
User offline. Last seen 11 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Arend,

Thanks for the reply. Our BOQ here has 16 divisions and this is the only resources I add. If I have to rename each resource then it is like copying the BOQ and it will be a huge work and time consuming. I wonder why Primavera is like this while they have check box in the Resources Tab that says "Resources can be asigned to the same activity more than once", which in my case is checked.

Regards,

Chris

Arend Woltjer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Cristopher,

you stumbled into a trap indeed. When you have multiple assignments of the same resources you will get the problem you mention.

I think you have to rename your resources to unique names and retry.

You can search on this forum for more comments since you are not the only one who encountered this problem.

Regards,

Arend