Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Level of Effort Activities

7 replies [Last post]
Mansoor Sadiq
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

I added a Level of Effort activity in a WBS, as per its nature it will cover the entire project duration.

Assuming that by assigning a resource this this Level of Effort activity, Project cost (User rate X Activity Duration) should be updated, but the cost of Level of Effort Activity is always Zero.

what I think the poject cost should be updated due to Level of Effort Activity, please comment

regards

Mansoor 

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 18 min ago. Offline

I am not a P6 user but in occasions I must deal with schedules submitted in P6 format still I noticed the following.

• The LOE bar does not match the dates.
  • The remaining units/time of the assigned resource is 0 and therefore, I believe, remaining units is 0 as well as costs.

I hope this can give you some clues in order to fix the bar and the assignments.

loe

This is as far as I can go.

Good luck.

Mansoor Sadiq

still not

here is the screenshot

loe.png

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

impossible this will add it to the total 

make sure you have not filtered out loe activites or this particular resource

Mansoor Sadiq

Hi

I think you missunderstood my problem, let me try again

I have a level of effort activity i.e. Project Management and assinged a PM to this activity. Now duration of this activity will span till project completion date. 

Now once I assigned resource, this activity should display its total cost to the project. Its cost remains the same which is ZERO, irrespective of its duration. Moreover if project duration inceases this leo activity is not creating any effect to prject cost.

What I think the cost of leo activity should increase if duration increaes, causing the project cost to increae too.

please help

regards

Mansoor

Mansoor Sadiq

Hi

I have a level of effort activity i.e. Project Management and assinged a PM to this activity. Now duration of this activity will span till project completion date. 

Now once I assigned resource, this activity should display its total cost to the project. Its cost remains the same which is ZERO, irrespective of its duration. Moreover if project duration inceases this leo activity is not creating any effect to prject cost.

What I think the cost of leo activity should increase if duration increaes, causing the project cost to increae too.

please help

regards

Mansoor

Mansoor Sadiq

Hi

please help

regards

Mansoor

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

assign a resource and cost to it and also assign  a curve. If you do not assign a curve it will stack the resource on the data date. By its definition the loe wil progress as the work does in between the choosen predecessor and successor