Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Level of effort activity’s actual progress

4 replies [Last post]
Yasser Elyosefi
User offline. Last seen 4 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Planners,

I’m using P6. I don’t use units or costs in my project (only durations).

I updated all activities manually except a level of effort activity that calculates its Activity % Complete automatically.

The current progress should show 25%, but it only shows 11%. By changing the % complete to 25% and run the schedule it returns back to 11%.

P6 rule of calculation is:
Activity % Complete = Duration % Complete = (Original Duration – Remaining Duration) / Original Duration.

But I want to set the level of effort activity to calculate as follows:
Activity % Complete = Actual duration / At Completion duration.

Is it possible? How?

Regards,

Yasser

Replies

Yasser Elyosefi
That means there is no built-in function in P6 to do it ??!!
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Use a Global Change

You will need to use 2 action statements, one to do the Actual/At Completion part and then another to multiply this result by 100 to arrive at a percentage value.
Yasser Elyosefi
Thanks. But in this case I need to manually calculate the progress every time I update the schedule

My target is to set the level of effort activity to automatically calculate progress as follows:
Activity % Complete = Actual duration / At Completion duration.

Is there a way for that? How?
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Change the Percent Complete Type to Physical