Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 SDK: Activity6v6.xls work partially after to upgrade Primavera P6 8.3 to 8.3.15

14 replies [Last post]
Alexander Campos
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Hello everyone:I have been working with the SDK in the P6 version 8.3, and I interacted without problems between the database and the SDK spreadsheets. After to upgrade to version 8.3.15 the spreadsheet Activity6v6.xls works partially: every time I try "Set Activity Relationships", I get the following error: "Row 3: Insert new TASKPRED: Values are required for lag_hr_cnt" for each of the activities that the project has. I have verified with previous projects where I have entered this information without problems and it gives me the same result, so I conclude that it is due to the upgrade made. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks alexander

Replies

Alexander Campos

Hi Mohammed Ali, 

I sent you the verification code, please send me the product key. Mi email is alexandercc@outlook.com

Thanks

alexander

Mohammed Ali
User offline. Last seen 1 year 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

For all planners who are still using the 4 sdk files:

The activity file          <ACTIVITY6v83.xls>

The project file          <PROJECTv83.xls>

The dictionary file      <Dictionary6v7.xls>

The WBS file.            <WBS6v6.xls>

you can try this tool    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ougb7bfikqdae9n/PM_Advanced.xlsm/file

where this video explains exactly how you can use it   https://youtu.be/YjVqyzOCgSE

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

no problem

Mohammed Ali

Hello Mr Zoltan

I think there is a misunderstanding from my side.

I apologize and thank you for all of your efforts and time in this forum.

Mohammed Ali

The file that can be used instead of  <activity.xls P6 R8.1>

That is what you wrote:

<<<I have another spreadsheet that DOES NOT require SDK and can be used with any version

if so tell me what you email address is and I wil send it to you. >>>   

Zoltan Palffy

send you what ?

Mohammed Ali

Hello Mr Zoltan

Please send me a copy from this file.

This is my email address: esa32013@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance.

Zoltan Palffy

its a 2 step process 

1st import the activities then import the relationships DO NOT do both together because if the relationship that you are referencing is toward the bottom of the activity list it wil not have been imported yet so it cant find it to make the relationship.

Start with the Rawdata tab and populate that tab 

then go to the Main tab and create the activities then select Fill Activity Sheet

then select Fill Activiy Relationship Sheet

then save the file

import activities into P6

then import relationships into P6 

in the Rawdata tab in the relationship column is you have more than one predecessor relationship you can add a comma afte rthe 1st relationship and put in the 2nd relationship\

ie 1005,1010  FS,SS

Alexander Campos

Hi Zoltan, 

With the activity6v83.xls spreadsheet received and tried to work directly with the "Set Activity Relationships" option, getting the same error: "insert new TASKPRED ..."; but with the last sample file that you also sent me, I have been able to solve this problem by loading the relationship of the activities through the option to import into Primavera P6. Is it right?

Regards,

Zoltan Palffy

sent 

Alexander Campos

Hi, my email: alexandercc@outlook.com

thanks a lot and best regards

Zoltan Palffy

tell me what you email address is and I will send it to you.

Alexander Campos
Hello Zoltan and thank you for your response. I have been using "activity.xls P6 R8.1". The R8.2 version is provided by Oracle Support?. I understand that these spreadsheets have no support today. I have searched other forum posts and have not found reference to this version. Please help me to get them. Thank you
Zoltan Palffy

you need the newer spreadsheet for version 8.2

if you just want to add activites lisiitng  the

activity id, wbs, original duration, remaining duration, activity name, predecessor ID #, realtion type and lag

I have another spreadsheet that DOES NOT require SDK and can be used with any version

if so tell me what you email address is and I wil send it to you.