Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 sdk dictionary60.xls

20 replies [Last post]
Keyel Isorena
User offline. Last seen 2 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
i have been using p3 v3.1 for 3 yrs now and i been using the RA automation engine for importing/exporting data form excel to p3 and vice versa. i want to do the same in p6. like importing codes from excel to p6, problem is, i dont have the sdk mentioned in several threads. if any of you guys have those, please send it to my email add dekryptor@gmail.com. i am relatively new to p6 and the company im working with is just upgrading and they wont give me access to point. thanx in advance

Replies

Justin James
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar, TILOS

Dear Jose Ramirez,

I am also facing the similar problem like you (Row 0: ct doesn't support this property or method ) , But I couldn't get the fix file PMSDK.DLL VER. 6.2.1.1507 , So would you please send me the fix file to my mail sjustinjames@gmail.com

Thanks in Advance for your assistance.

Regards,
Justin.

Vidhya Sagar G R
User offline. Last seen 10 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi everyone,

Were do i can find the PMSDK.DLL VER. 6.2.1.1507.

Keyel Isorena

Jose is right, an updated version of the sdk is the way to do it.

Khalid, I have't tried to use access with p6 before, so I dont know the answer to your question. Maybe others will be able to help.

Khalid Almaz
User offline. Last seen 7 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Hello every body

I wish some one help me with clear steps to link P6.7 with MS Access , i tried some steps from internet but it does not work ........Thanks

Jose Ramirez
User offline. Last seen 11 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Anbin:

PMSDK.DLL VER. 6.0.0.1473 (old version and will not work with the new PMSDK DICTIONARY 6X)

What you need is to update Primavera 6.0 to Primavera 6.2.1

This update will also upgrade the Primavera Software Development Kit to the version required by the Dictoinary6x which is the PMSDK.DLL VER. 6.2.1.1507...

If you have not updated your P6 Here is where you can get the lastest update (P621_Pro_Client_Applications): http://edelivery.oracle.com/

Anbin Ponnith
User offline. Last seen 8 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Jose,

I am having the same PMSDK.DLL VER. 6.0.0.1473.

and I am using P6.0.

Also I get the same error message while using Dictionary6.xls.

How to overcome this problem.

With thanks & Regards,

Anbin Ponnith
Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
just want to know
Jose Ramirez
PROBLEM SOLVED N ISH FINALLY WORKS:

PMSDK.DLL VER. 6.0.0.1473 (old version and will not work with the new PMSDK DICTIONARY 6X) AND

AND YOU WILL GET ALL THIS ERROR CODES:

Problem: Error: “row 0, ct was open” when logging into SDK

Problem: Unable to log into SDK. Receive error “row 0, ct was open, object is closed”.

Problem: Cannot log into SDK get error “row 0, ct was open”.

THE FIX IS: PMSDK.DLL VER. 6.2.1.1507 (THIS WILL CORRECT ALL THE ISSUES OF CONNECTIVITY)....

WELL, AM GLAD I COULD FIX MY OWN ISSUES....I ROCK MY WORLD....

SO WHEN YOU UPGRADE FROM 6.0.0.1 YOU NEED TO ADD THE SDK KIT ON THE UPGRADE PROCESS...OR WILL HAVE ALL THE SAME ISSUES I HAD TODAY...STUPID ME
Jose Ramirez
prim72124:Error: “row 0, ct was open” when logging into SDK
Primavera Project Management Add comments

Solution ID: prim72124

Error: "row 0, ct was open" when logging into SDK
Version(s): 6.0, 6.1

Fact: Error occurs after applying/installing a Hotfix/Fix Pack.

Problem: Error: “row 0, ct was open” when logging into SDK

Problem: Unable to log into SDK. Receive error “row 0, ct was open, object is closed”.

Problem: Cannot log into SDK get error “row 0, ct was open”.

Fix: Verify pmsdk.dll is the correct version by copying the pmsdk.dll from the hotfix/Fix Pack files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Primavera Common\PMSDK\Engines.
Jose Ramirez
Okay PMSDK is working now well some what:

i am getting the following Errors:

Am Using the Latest: Dictionary.xls - Error Report
Row 0: ct was open.
Row 0: action is not allowed when the object is closed.

What do they mean by "CT"

and

Action is not allowed when Object is closed? What object?

any help out here?
Jose Ramirez
This is what you need to do first: >>>>Important info. here (do this before you create the DB alias or lunch P6 or it will not work and you will need to restart the whole thing agian)......

Start SQL Server Management Studio Express and login with the SA account. (change the Authentication mode to SQL Server Authentication). Password is Prima123Vera

Click on the Database that you created: Right Click and Select New Queary:

Copy and Paste or type the following text into the query window:

EXEC sp_change_users_login ’Update_One’,’pubuser’,’pubuser’
EXEC sp_change_users_login ’Update_One’,’privuser’,’privuser’

(!) execute query

Now: Close SQL Server Management Studio Express

****Connect to new database / create new alias****

Now You can Launch P6.2.1 or whatever ver you got:

Do not hit OK, instead use the … button on the bottom then select Add (to add/create a new DB alias)

Enter Your new name N in the Driver Type Select MS SQL/SQL EXP, OR ORacle???WhATEVER YOUR working on

CLick NExt

On the This window:

HOST NAME: IS YOUR COMPUTER NAME\PRIMAVERA (Sometimes the \primavera after the computer name is needed, sometimes not)

DB NAME: whatever you called your database (Keep database name and alias name the same – be consistent)

Click Next
On the Enter Public Login Info. Window (don’t change anything here)

Use the defaults, click Next

On the Validate DB connection Window:

Just click next (dont’ change anything again)

Now now we hope that you got Successful Connection:

If the connection fails saying bad public username or password run the resync pubuser account steps on the database.

Run the SQL QUERY again (Listed ABOVE) but first run this query: (why because all your on the owners column in sql it should say "sa") if not do the following steps bellow: (1 n 2)

Copy and Paste or type the following text into the query window: exec sp_helpdb

New Query:
next:
1: exec sp_changedbowner
Excute Query: (!) button

New Query:
Next:
2. exec sp_changedbowner ’sa’
Excute Query: (!) button

>>>(If you are getting the error code you listed before this is why: To see what’s happening, open Query Analyzer and run: exec sp_helpdb)

is the database with the missing or corrupt owner.

1) Use

exec sp_changedbowner ’[new user not in db already]’
--this will work & sp_helpdb will execute correctly

2) Then execute the same query using sa & it will work:
Use

exec sp_changedbowner ’sa’
--The dependent aliases were mapped to the new database owner. Database owner changed.

Let me know if you want me to send you a ms word doc with all screen shots to explain the entire procedure how to set up a primavera database. It took me a while to figure this out but it works now perfectly....sorry expl. this with words is harder....
Keyel Isorena
This should be discussed in p3 section of the forum. Anyway, the RA automation is an excel file full of macros that extracts & appends data to and from p3 file.
Barry Fullarton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
HI what is RA Automation
Keyel Isorena
Barry, you can try the RA automation. Its better than import/export. BTW, check that you have the correct heading in each column. sometimes formatting hinders in import so dont change any of the formatting, just add the data you need. you can also apply the same format to the added data by using the format painter.
Barry Fullarton
This si how I ma trying to do it , I have taken the excell spread sheet , it has teh res id on it and the rate , but i now cant seem to import to p3 , as it was my intention to then import p3 into p6 and i would have all the resources come in , but now i exported resources from p3 to a dbf file then opned it in excdell and just added the resources etc, , when i now try to imp[ort into p3 , it just doesnt work
Keyel Isorena
Barry, you can import the resources dictionary to p6 via the sdk, global though. then use the global change. im used to p3, in which importing these things are quite easy to do using the RA automation engine, much like sdk. i just convert the p3 files to p6 after i have imported everything i need in p3.
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Keyel,

Try to install again using the correct Host Name & Database Name:

Host Name: (Computer Name\PRIMAVERA) Ex. keyel-PC\PRIMAVERA
Database Name: pmdb$primavera

Login Name: admin
Password: admin

This applicable for both JSDB & PMSDK.

The dictionary6.xls you are looking for is only available in primavera knowledgebase.

Regards,

Arnold
Keyel Isorena
i got the SDK installed now, but i cant get the databases to work. tried using the pubuser for the username and password for the public login but it says: Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]. ;. whats the public username & password? the same happens to both JSDB & PMSDK. the usernames & passwords i’ve tried were pubuser, privuser, & admin. am using the computer’s name as the HOST. anyone got solution to this?
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Keyel;

It is on your installation DVD. Do a repair/re-install and you will see the check box. Check it and then run it and you should be good to go. Suggest you get Primavera support involved, but not essential.

BTW. When you upgrade to 6.2.1 you will have to re-install SDK.

Good luck. I think dictionary is a handy utility.
Barry Fullarton
Hi Guys

I have this same problem

I have to import 700 odd resources from a manhour spreadsheet into P6.0 and then assign to teh activities

Who can assist with this , its quite urgent