Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6 - Reader

3 replies [Last post]
Nilkamal Parikh
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi everyone,

I have one quick question to see your opinion with Primavera P6 reader. 

I am working for a small size company and we don't have lot of P6 users/licences. Some of our project engineers are using MS Project for planning but with our new project award, we are wanting to P6. We are planning to purchase Primavera P6 reader for site staff which will allow them to review the P6 program in full depth and use whatever filter, group&sort, layouts they want to use. 

Anyone here have experience using P6 reader and can comment its suitability and benifits will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nilkamal

Replies

vishal pawar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

Pls send PPT / Guidline book of Primavera P6 for beginner. vishalpawar99@outlook.com

Joel Roberts
User offline. Last seen 13 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Nilkamal,

A solution for your needs would be ScheduleReader. It's viewer (reader) for XER, XML , XLS schedules. 

Features:

- Standard P6 views, Trace Logic, WBS.

- Track Project Progress - Baselines, Financial Periods, Assigments View.

- Collaborate - Progress Update, Share Reports, Share Layouts.

- Groups, Filters, Custom Layouts.

- Reports and Dashboards - DCMA 14-point Schedule Assessment.

- Project Control, fast schedule load, 1/8 of the Primavera P6 price.

Should definitely check it out. 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

I think that for waht you want to do that it will be sufficient