Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cannot find Actual This Period Cost column...?

1 reply [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 week 12 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

I want to match the layout of a schedule pdf has a column called "Actual This Period Cost".  I cannot find a column with that name.  I can pull up period Material Cost, etc but not the "Actual this period cost".  I want to match the pdf layout of an xer I was sent.  I assume it has to do with setting up financial periods.  On a more broad note, what is the advantage of setting up Financial periods.  We are looking to reconcile the schedule and the SOV in the least complicated manner, I would like to avoid having to review more than 1 type of % complete because it is a large schedule, what is the minimum workable system?  I thought of just requiring activity or schedule % complete and then have one activity to balance with all the special cost adjustments done in excel and placed on that one activity - to avoid work% vs schedule% which doubles the complications...and advice is appreciated.  You can try to make contractors spell out which are which, but they likely will not, leading to more work that people who saw it already will not get...

Replies

John Reeves

Thanks, yes.  I thought there might be another, because the xer I was send did not match the pdf and the pdf had the column heading like I had it.  They must have changed the column heading, that is all I can figure out.  I thought it might of had to do with the financial periods, I will ask them directly.  I just assumed it was something else I should know, evidently not.

John Reeves

Thanks, yes.  I thought there might be another, because the xer I was send did not match the pdf and the pdf had the column heading like I had it.  They must have changed the column heading, that is all I can figure out.  I thought it might of had to do with the financial periods, I will ask them directly.  I just assumed it was something else I should know, evidently not.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

The actual this period costs is under the cost column grouping. There are  3 actual this period costs columns 

actual this period labor costs

actual this period material costs 

actual this period non labor costs