Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6 Reports edit/format

6 replies [Last post]
Eamonn Staunton
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I can produce a report I need as a CSV file using the Reports in P6 but I am looking to edit/format it further. I produce the report every month but I am wondering if I can implement these edits within P6.

My report contains 10 columns of data each month and I make some changes to it after it runs and is produced as a CSV. I add in some extra columns which are slightly different to what I produce in P6.

For example, the report contains a column for 'Activity ID' like 1.1.1.1.3-014 for all my rows. After I produce the report, I add a new column called 'Primavera ID' - 1.1.1.1.3. This is the same as the Activity ID with out the '-014'.

There are many small changes like this that I make each month but I am ultimately wondering if I there is any functionality so I can include these in my report and then I will not have to make these changes each month after producing it?

Thanks!

Replies

Robert Corran
User offline. Last seen 1 year 23 weeks ago. Offline

Good Morning all

I'm using P6 V16.2 I cannot get a report to come ut of it formatted as I want it. It is a simple report showing planned units for laboour and materials, when I export it to excel as an xls file as opposed to a csv file format, the data on each line is just one long line of text why?  In all previous P6 applications it ihas come in as a tabular report in the correct columns etc.

The way I have got round it at themonment is to take the file extension off it, then dumo it into wordpad, the import the text file back into excel, seems a ponitless long winded way of doiong things, is there a setting somewhere I am missing

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Rob

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

why dont you get your all of your columns set up in your data window and then right click and select export to excel. You can then use the trim function in excel to remove the -014. 

Eamonn Staunton

Thanks v.much

Jerome Odeh
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Eamonn,

As far as I'm aware, it cannot be done in Report editor.

=jerome

Eamonn Staunton

Thanks very much Jerome, I appreciate that!

Can this also be done any alternative way? I know how to get the basics of what I need but would like to know more of the functionality, like could it be done in the Report Editor or is it only through using the steps you outlined above in relation to my original query?   

Thanks

Jerome Odeh
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline

Eamonn,

Create a User Defined Field called "Primavera ID" of Data Type "Text" and then apply Global Change. Under the Then section, add the formula

Primaver ID = LeftString(Activity ID, 9)

where 9 is the length of characters you want to keep from the example you gave and this assumes your activity IDs are all of same fixed length.

Apply Global Change before running your report (remember to modify your report template to include this new field).

=jerome
http://plannerstips.blogspot.co.uk/