Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SQL Express Edition

1 reply [Last post]
Marcel van der Leij
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi guys,

I´ve been sitting on this 5.0 version for half a year now, reluctant to give up my old P3 workhorse. Now that I think I´m ready to install this version, though only for evaluation to start with, I have one decision to make on which database to use.
As MSDE will not be supported by the upcoming Vista operating system, I am considering SQL Express as the stand-alone database. Has anyone tried this, is it possible in the first place?

Marcel

Replies

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
P5.0 is not fully compatible on SQL2005 and SQL Express is lightweight and embeddable version of SQL2005