Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

"Add Variable" button under Page Setup ---> Text/Logo option for Header and Footer is not working

3 replies [Last post]
Ramesh Kavassery
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Screenshot below. The "Add Variable" button does not work. What could be the problem ? Any settings to be changed ?

Also there is this character "ÿ" that appears on its own at the top of the Text/Logo block. What could be the reason ?

Has anybody experienced this ? Any feedback or suggestions is welcome. Thanks in advance.

BTW, the Page number fields were there as default, had not added them myself.

I use P6 Professional version 15.2.0 Build 15383.

add_variable_not_working.jpg

Replies

Rory Grant
User offline. Last seen 4 years 24 weeks ago. Offline

I know this post is 3 years old but this may be useful for people experiencing the same problem 

p6_layout_variables.jpg
Paul Epperson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

There is a work-around, you can type in the code for the variable you need, such as DD [data_date] for the data date. This will pull the data date and auto-populate for you. Same with ]project_id], [cd], [project_name], [layout_name], [filter_list], [page_number[, & [[total_pages]. 

Does anyone know where to get a list of all the variables' code entries? 

Paul Epperson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

I have the same issue. Has anyone figured out how to get the "Add Variable" button to work? Is it an admin preference setting? I can type in the header space, but cannot add the variable. I use P6 Professional version 15.1.