Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Customizing page setup (header or footer)

3 replies [Last post]
Abed Prnd
User offline. Last seen 13 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

How can one define (or add) a Custom lable in page setup (header or footer)?

I need to create a  custom page setup for each project & I don't want to change header items (contractor name, engineer name, project manager)  every time manually.

I use thease labels: [data_date] [project_name]   [dd]   [project_start_date]    [date] [time] and like to define more scustom labels.

please help!

Replies

Abed Prnd

header.jpg

Abed Prnd

It's really a shame that you can do nothing to customize your print outputs with P6. We have 32 project with nearly 40 contractors, with the features of page setup, every time I want to print a schedule I should manually fill the header and footer fields.

I wonder why they have not added some other fields to that really helpful "Add" feature at the bottom of header and footer tab,  such as: [total_activities] , [Actual_completed_activities], [project_status], [Actual in-progress activities], [actual not started activities] and some UDFs for data like the name of the contractor and the name of the engineer.

where are those who work in the cutomer satisfaction department of the ORACLE?

Regards,

Abed

Abed Prnd

It might be specified from: Admin>Admin preferences> Report headers and footers

but I don't know how.

Please help!