Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

S-curve for actual units shows as zero

3 replies [Last post]
amelie pira
User offline. Last seen 8 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

I'm looking to produce s-curves using Primavera, so far it's ok.

But then, when I display the cumulative curves for budgeted, actual and remaining activities, the bugeted one shows as it should, the remaining one shows as well, but the actual units line doesn't show. I only get a flat blue line at 0 and from the day of the data date, nothing showing before that date, so I have nothing for what has happened in the past and got completed.

I don't understand why it won't show it... Can you please give advice on how I can make it appear right?

It is the same when I display the by date bars, the budgeted ones show for the period of time before the data date but the completed activities don't show at all (as actual or something else).

It might be a really basic thing but I can't seem to fix it. Has anyone had the same problem and how did you resolve it?

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 11 hours 45 min ago. Offline

If the project have been progressed several times and you did not updated actual units learn how to fix the issue without having to start all over again otherwise would be insane.

photo Back to the future_zps2sbdli8c.jpeg

P6 method for recording period performance shall not be overlooked or once again you might end up with wrong time phased distributions for all reports including Earned Value reports.

If having to go all over again just to fix a few historical entries in the past then it would be an act against nature.

It is not unusual a few activities were missed during previous updating or that an activity that started several financial periods in the past shall be included or fixed, perhaps for forensic analysis.  Things that happen so frequently shall be easy to adjust.

How do you edit past period actual data for activities that do not have an actual start date because of such not uncommon mishaps?

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 1 hour ago. Offline

I suggests to Check the "Auto Compute Acctuals" in the Resource Details.

I Hope it will help.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 20 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

if you have not been using tools store period performance it has no idea when actuals happened so it just straight lines it and show the forecast from the datat date becasue this is furure not past. 

if you use store period performance it knows what time frame that the actuals were expended.