Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Licensing question

3 replies [Last post]
Adam Daly
User offline. Last seen 7 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

My company currently has concurrent Licensing of P6 for for their users and I was wondering if I were to install a standalone license on my machine would that require us purchase an additional license?  What I am going to be doing is accessing the P6 file on the enterprise database, exporting it to my standalone environment making the necessary changes to it and the importing back into the enterprise environment.

Thanks in advance

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

I dont think you need another license becasue you can't have 2 instances running at the same time. So since you already have a license for the Enterprise you do not need one for the stand alone.

Just create another database locally 

Adam Daly
User offline. Last seen 7 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

You are correct.  I am just want to have a local database install on my machine as well as still having access to the Enterprise database and would that require an additional license.  As for the connection to the enterprise database it is a direct connection not remote.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

How are you accessing the P6 file on the enterprise through a remote connection ?

Usually if the P6 file is on the enterprise database you still need p6 installed locally on your machine to access the file. 

The only difference is that the standalone verison on points to the datbase on your hard drive and the enterprise database is directed to the server location.

It might just be the case of installing another database locally