Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P5 Installation - License Issue

6 replies [Last post]
Ferdinand Fincale...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Hi to all,

Recently, I had my pc formatted to adopt our company’s standard. Installation of P5 works fine including its pmdb & mmdb configuration. The problem comes when I open the program and I am prompted with a message of:

"Your application license key is expired. Authorized from 05-Jul-05 to 19-Jul-05. Please contact your sales representative to extend your license. Would you like to view your current license or install a new one?"

Then, the program loads, pop-up and disappear.

My question is, does the purchased software expires even if its license states the following (name of company and serial number modified for security reasons):

// XXX Company
// AE
// Serial number: 12345678
// Licensed for Release(s): 5.*
// License issued for :- Primavera
// License File Type :- Product License
// Database Vendor :- NONE
// Licensed Issued to :- Customer
// Project Management NU(0), CU(4), No Expiration Date
// Portfolio Analysis NU(0), CU(4), No Expiration Date
// Timesheets NU(0), CU(0), No Expiration Date
// myPrimavera Portfolios NU(0), CU(0), No Expiration Date
// myPrimavera Projects NU(0), CU(0), No Expiration Date
// myPrimavera Resources NU(0), CU(0), No Expiration Date
// Methodology Management NU(4), CU(0), Version: HEAVY, No Expiration Date
// Contractor NU(0), CU(0), No Expiration Date
// ContractorMaxDomains(+), MaxTasksPerDomain(+)
// Integration API NU(0), CU(0), No Expiration Date

Need your guidance on this. Thanks.

Ferdinand

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Richard

If I remember well, between P4.1 and P5 there was a change of the license file. You can read (a copy! of) this file. There should be similar to valid for ...5x

This would mean, a new license file, but I’m not sure.

Good luck!

Dieter
richard wall
User offline. Last seen 7 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
I have had P5 and the license since it came out. After the installation. I type in Admin for the password and get a final message "License is not valid". I try to get Primavera assist me with the problem. Assuming it is a License problem. Primavera did make a mistake when I first obtained the license when I first obtain P 3e. I upgaded everything until the P5 version came out and now I alway get the same msg when I try and open P5 "License data not valid". I would appreciate any advise to comments.
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ferdinand,

Many thanks for appreciating my help to you. I am happy to help. That is why there is Planning Planet to assist and guide each and everyone of us. We learned a lot of things from others as well as others learns from us.

Thank you & more power to PP Members.

Arnold
Ferdinand Fincale...
Hi Dieter,

I finally got my P5 program running with the help of Arnold Puy. Thanks to this guy, he is brilliant.

It was actually not a case of license issue but rather an installation issue. For several times that I tried removing and reinstalling the program, the problem simply recurred. Not until last night when Arnold assisted me by removing the program, then deleting all the related folders including the MSQL Server program, and then reinstalled back the program. Finally, it works fine with my very company license.

Recently, I’ve been making advices to some forum queries with false statements that all came in the top of my head due to the absence of my P5 program. Anyway, I apologized to one and all after having reviewed the veracity of my supposed ideas with my working P5 now.

Cheers!

Ferdinand
Ferdinand Fincale...
Thanks Dieter. I’ll try to ask then for a new license file.

Regards.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Ferdinand
I just compared with our license file. It seems ok.

As the license is attached to the database and survives a back-up&restore there should be a different reason.
Two possible reasons for this error message (might be more):
1. You opened the license file with an editor and modified - maybe without being aware. As far as I know there is a checksum included and the system will realize a corrupted license file. --> Result: that message --> solution: ask for a new license file.
2. After the backup the date was lower (=earlier) than before. More programs "judge" this a violation. --> solution: see above.
Good luck!
Dieter