Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to keep activity code when I copy project to other EPS

4 replies [Last post]
Nguyen To Tan
User offline. Last seen 8 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear experts, 
For example, I have a project(A) inside EPS (1). The project (A) has some activities which I added activity code (Area A, Area B...). But when I copy project (A) to other EPS (2), i lost all activity code which I added in activity. When I copied project, I ticked on all option of primavera requirement. I also used 2 way for copying ( 1.directly copy project/2.I made project (B) inside EPS(2) open 2 projects (A) &(B), in WBS window of (A) I copied them to (B) ) but I still lost activity code with activity in project (B). Could you help me? Thank you

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

the codes you are showing are global so they reside with the database not the project so they are already there. So I am not sure of what your problem is now

Nguyen To Tan
User offline. Last seen 8 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

Thank for your suggestion. But I think I already did same your way. I will show you something more clearly as below. And Could you explain more clearly?

Copy Project Pic

2.jpg

Activity Code I used Pic

1.jpg

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

actrivity codes come with the project unless 1 you do not have the rigths to export them and or 2 the person you gave the the xer to does not have rights to import them and 3 you can choose what and how you import codes. maybe your default setting is set to do not import codes

you can modify what and how you want to import infromation

during the importing process select modify and then choose to insert new activity codes

to see detailed instructions see my link

http://pmsite.com/forums/viewthread/3196/

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 14 hours ago. Offline

I suggests to use the Project Activity Code instead of Global.