Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6 V8.3 not responding for page setup

6 replies [Last post]
Santhosh kumar Na...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Hi folks

Recently upgrade the from P6V8.2 to P6V8.3, everything fine and works well, but when ever i tried for page setup or print set up, it is not responding.

I can take print with default set up, I can't change footer or header etc my system is Window 7, 32 bit (it is not responding..just revolves and hangs)

Please support and thanks in advance.

Replies

Ahmed Aziz
User offline. Last seen 8 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Kumar,

As I have understood you have problem with placing the header and footer, it is a problem with th P6 V8.3 it gets stuck and won't apply the changes you have made.

However, there is a walk arround. chose the part you want to modify and then change the text alignment and apply, you will notice that the changes have been applied.

Regards

Aziz

Santhosh kumar Na...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

It is the software compatability issue!, resolved by re-installing (you have to uninstall from registery also prior to re-install)

Ahmed Ali Memon
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Friends,

• I am using Primavera P6 r 8.2, few Projects are vanished/hidden from EPS. I can’t see them even if i am making new project with same ID & Name. i have tried with fillters but still no result.

Now, i am facing new problem as well, that has stuck me for any new job

• I am adding new Project in Primavera Client. I am unable to add new project, and receiving message “WBS record was already added by another user. The other user’s data will be used”,

Please take me out from this trouble. I will be very thankfull

Thanks & Regards
Ahmed Ali

Ahmed Ali Memon
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Friends,

• I am using Primavera P6 r 8.2, few Projects are vanished/hidden from EPS. I can’t see them even if i am making new project with same ID & Name. i have tried with fillters but still no result.

Now, i am facing new problem as well, that has stuck me for any new job

• I am adding new Project in Primavera Client. I am unable to add new project, and receiving message “WBS record was already added by another user. The other user’s data will be used”,

Please take me out from this trouble. I will be very thankfull

Thanks & Regards
Ahmed Ali

Siva Kumar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Santosh

Regret to see such a response from Ameen.

The issue which you mentioned is something related to the software compatibility with the OS and Bit. I too face this problem while working on widows 7 PC sometimes suddenly. I export to Windows XP PC and do the editing.

If you have a license[for support services], place a service request with oracle and they should be able to help you. And share the fix ;-)

Regards

Ameen Pasha
User offline. Last seen 10 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Santhosh,

Hope you are doing fine, it is better you join basic course to brush up your knowledge about P6 etc.