Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

S curve based on Financial Period Data

1 reply [Last post]
mani M.R
User offline. Last seen 8 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hai all

I heared that there will be minor difference in S curve when we compare between Actual & Earned value based on Store Period perforrmance Data & without store Period Performmance Data.

Can anyone say me how it will differ ?

Which is the best method to compare (Based on Store Period  Performmance or without store period performmance data)

Regards

Mani

Replies

Ben Fleury
User offline. Last seen 7 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I realize you've posted this question back in 2013, but I'm seeing a situation which seems to, at least partially, answer your question.

The image I've attached is the Resource Assignments tab in Primavera. The Left side is displaying actual costs I've stored using the "Store Period Performance..." option (Columns found under "Financial Period Values"). The Right side is just my "Resource Usage Spreadsheet".

When you start to review the data, you can see that the information I've stored is different than the information in the spreadsheet. (BTW, The information on the Left is the correct data). What I believe is happening is the "Resource Usage Spreadsheet" on the right is spreading the total actual cost across the duration of the activity based on the calendar set for each resource. As you can deduce, there is a slight difference between what I have stored and what is just being spread by the program. 

If anyone can explain this better, please reply. 

resourceassignments_img1.jpg

***Tags I was searching for***
Why are my stored actual costs different?
Financial Period values are different on my Resource Assignments tab