Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Periodic Incremental data

1 reply [Last post]
Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
I save a version of programme after every monthly update. To get the incremental data for the current month, I use last month’s update as baseline. I can then use the user defined numbers to calculate the incremental value. Eg, Incremental (this month’s) earned value cost = Current earned value cost - BL earned value cost.

It is simple logic but P3ec does not seem to provide all BL variables for such operations in global change. Some more BL data are available for display in column but still not all of them.

Does anybody has idea how to get all the data items of the BL for comparison to the current (without using excel)?

Replies

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline
I am sure I answered this question in another forum?! Ho Hum.

There are a variety of ways you can address this problem (and Problem with a capital "P" it is- the lack of access to baseline fields, especially earned value, is a serious one) but first you must investigate Version 5’s Earned Value History or Past Period Actuals as some refer to it. There is a good possibility that this will solve all of your issues.