Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Gantt Chart bars on wrong dates

2 replies [Last post]
Craig Stevens
User offline. Last seen 10 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have added some additional tasks, including completion milestones, into the programme.  The dates in the date columns are correct, but a small number of the bars on the Gantt Chart have slammed back to 1984!

The file was originally 2007, I am working in 2010.

Its only a problem of presentation, but this is to be presented to people who technical grasp of planning is quite low. 

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Craig

Do the milestones have both Predecessor and Successor Logic?

If no Predessor you can try setting the position as ALAP - if no Successor then you will have to fix it with a constraint which is bad planning practice but needed soemtimes for presentation purposes.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Craig Stevens
User offline. Last seen 10 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I should add that it is actually only for milestones that are disappearing from the Gantt Chart, not activities with durations.

Logic lines appear on the screen (going back to 1984), but when printed these links disappear completely, meaning the unitiated have to have it explained that logic does exist, it is just not showing for some unknown reason.