Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Week numbers

2 replies [Last post]
Richard Emms
User offline. Last seen 8 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Forum

I wonder if someone can help me.  I like the week numbers to count down during the preconstruction period then count back up during the construction phase.  I like the week numbers to be shown as -3,-2,-1,1,2,3,4,5,6,etc.  However, when I adjust the project start date to the first date of the construction phase the pre-cosntruction phase 'takes ownership' of the intended start date and 'thinks' the pre-construction commences at that time.  With Asta you can set zero date and I was wonderin if there such a function with Microsoft Project.

Any help will be welcome.

Replies

Richard Emms
User offline. Last seen 8 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thank you for your reply. I have tried that option and it's close of what I like MS to do. What I like is for MS project to count down the pre-construction phase e.g week -3, week -2, week -1 during the pre construction phase. Then count up week 1, week 2, week 3 etc as normal from the start of the actual construction work. Thank you
Anna C
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

Right Click on Time Scale> Set required TimeScale> On the tab you set "Weeks" timescale, changed the lable to weeknumbers which is group located at bottom of list (a few selections for you)

Am using MS Project 2010

Cheers,

achin