Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to remove the indent and outdent function in MSP

4 replies [Last post]
kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 16 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

Is there a way to remove the outdent option while taking the print.My proejct manager want to show less gap in the task name column which is appearing because of the outdent option.I know there is option in P6 to remove this while we are taking the print..

please guide if this can be done in MSP also

thanks

Replies

kumar s

Thanks Again

kumar s

Hi Johnson..

thnaks a lot.It worked...

Rgds,

Kumar s

Bo Johnsen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Kumar

I'm not aware if there is such a function, but a quick solution to your problem is as follows:

1) Insert a text user column, e.g. "Text1"

2) Copy the entire "Task Name" column

3) Paste in "Text1"

4) Rename "Text1" as required

5) Hide/move the original "Task Name" column so not visible when printing

6) Print

You could also make a formula in "Text1" so it automatically copied and updated the value of "Task Name", meaning you didn't have to think about copying and pasting every time you modified your programme.

Regards,

Bo