Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Force task to indentation

1 reply [Last post]
Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi everyone, i have the follow cases in my project.

1.  I need to add a First Activity (Head or main activity), cause in the moment of the creation of the project that was missing or forgotten.

2. I need to fix the indentation of some task.

In this cases i have the same problem, the task don't accept the indentation that i give them, i tried to change manually the EDT of the task and apply the new indentation but nothing, nothing work fine.

How can i force the indentation?.

Thanks

Replies

Ellen Lehnert, Mi...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

What version of MS Project are you using?  The indention problem was a bug in MSP 2003.  I might suggest that you make sure that you have all of the updates for the version of MS Project that you are working with. The indention should work for you.

I am not sure about what you are looking for regarding the first activity but you might consider using a hammock task at the beginning of a section or work or summary grouping.  This is a task that does not carry relationships and can be used to carry costs or resources that apply to an entire section. 

If I am understanding this wrong, please clarify. 

Ellen Lehnert

www.lehnertcs.com - free tips and trick articles