Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Moving Tasks from one Summary to another

1 reply [Last post]
Rajesh K
User offline. Last seen 12 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I have a requirement to move some completed tasks from the existing summary task to another new summary task. I am able to do copy-paste. But baseline hours at the new summary task does not show the correct hours. At the new summary task, I would like to get sum of baseline hours for all the individual tasks under it. If I set baseline, it shows incorrect values. Please help me in doing this.

eg: there are 5 tasks under Summary Task - Old and baseline hours is 100. Suppose I have moved 2 tasks having combined baseline hours 30 to "Summary Task - New". As per my requirement, Summary Task - Old should show baseline hours as 70 and Summary Task - New as 30.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh

Replies

Michael Slawinski
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 weeks ago. Offline

Summary Baseline costs and work are copied from cost and work fields when baseline is set. They are not calculated from their detail tasks. that is why the summary baseline costs and work will not recalculate when moving / adding/ deleting tasks from it.

http://office.microsoft.com/video.aspx?assetid=ES010277624&vwidth=1024&vheight=768&CTT=11&Origin=

M.