Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MSP: Remaining work - Time Phased

5 replies [Last post]
Kayode Oni
User offline. Last seen 9 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Hi guys,
Does anyone know how to import time phased remaining work to excel.(In a progressed project with actual work and remaining work)

I currently use MSP 2K3 and it is not listed as one of the fields that can be exported using the export time phased data function.

Thanks guy

Replies

Kayode Oni
Thanks Alex, I will give that a try.

L.E.N. Lewis
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
What data do you want?
Kayode Oni
Hi Lewis.
Apologies for confusion, It should read: Export time phased data from MS Project to MS Excel.
I have used the analyze timescaled data tab, but the data I want is not included in available list.
L.E.N. Lewis
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Import or export?

You can export timescaledata from Project (and load it into Excel). Or, from a different vantage point, you can import into Excel data exported from Project.

You cannot export timescaledata from Excel (and load it into Project). Or, from a different vantage point, you cannot import into Project data exported from Excel. (Well, you can but it’s not easy.)

Display the Analysis toolbar
Click on "Analyze TimeScaled Data in Excel"
Answer the various prompts.