Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Date Field Format - How to change

5 replies [Last post]
Mal Leadbetter
User offline. Last seen 10 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
My VBA knowledge is zero, some may state that this extended beyond VBA, but that for another day.

I have working on a circa 4 year schedule and would like date field to be a little less specific in some of the reports that need to be generated.

I am using MSP version 2002

I would like the field to read something like

Month / Year

Quarter / Year

Any bright ideas ?
Changing s/w is not feasible ! Client uses MSP and working in a multi project environment where project owners all have MSP! Oh to be able to change to PowerProject.

Any help gratefully received

Replies

Mal Leadbetter
Darren

Many thanks.
Darren Kosa
User offline. Last seen 7 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Mal,

After a little bit of head scratching I think this may work for you.

Format([Start],"\Q" & "q/yyyy")
or
Format([Start],"\Quarter" & "q/yyyy")

Regards,

Darren
Darren Kosa
Mal,

I’m not sure, the initial problem you’ll get is any time you include a ‘q’ in that formula it gets supplanted with the number that references the Quarter so you’ll end up with something like 2uarter2/2009 or 22/2009

If I get a chance this afternoon I’ll see if I can have a look.

Regards,

Darren
Mal Leadbetter
Darren

Many thanks

Can it be set to say

Qx/yyyy

Cheers

Mal
Darren Kosa
Hi Mal,

You could try a couple of custom formulae in your text fields. I’ll use Text1 and Text2 in this example, you can then adapt it and use whatever text fields you have available.

Text1 will be your new Start column so rename it Start and use this custom formula:
Format([Start],"mmm/yyyy")

Text2 will be your new Finish column so rename it Finish use this custom formula:
Format([Finish],"mmm/yyyy")

To show Quarters substitute mmm for q

You can then modify the table you use for your reports to show Text1 instead of Start and Text2 instead of Finish.

EDIT: Just remembered you can’t name Text fields Start or Finish so use something else that’s appropriate.

Regards,

Darren