Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Hours and % effort at resource assignment

1 reply [Last post]
Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Greetings Gurus,
Haing (in my opinion) beig spoilt and never having used MS Project Server 2003 in anger previously, I came across a funny little thing the other day which I’m sure will be very easily explained.

One particular resource assignment on a 48 hour actiity had a required effort of 40 hours, however the percentage was displaying 116%, which to me seemed a bit odd.

Could someone please explain.

Thanks
Andy

Replies

Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 1 year 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Andrew,

The first thing I would normally check is if the assignment work has been edited. You can do this by looking at the indicator column in the default assignment view, or by double clicking on the assignment.

If the work contour is not flat (but contoured, for instance) the regular schedule equation (D=W/U) no longer holds.

Hope this helps,

Niek.