Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

assign different costs to a resource

4 replies [Last post]
ersin namli
User offline. Last seen 11 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, How can I assign different costs for one resource for example I want to increase cost rates at weekends

Replies

Zhang Haixiang
User offline. Last seen 3 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
yes, it’s not reasonable to assign cost for all weekend for long dur project.

so maybe you can forget about weekend, just assign a overtime work hour for each task , just like you assign resource to each task. (provide where is these overtime is not important to you -- monday nigh or saturday)
ersin namli
User offline. Last seen 11 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for ypur help I know these but these are all manually I want to know if its possible to adjust at the begining of the project for example it may be a project which has 1 year duration. there is another way in resource information menu in the cost tab you can assign costs for different dates but if your project is long its hard to do that for all weekeds.
Zhang Haixiang
week end work is considered as overtime work
for a task, you need input overtime work manually.
for example task A start from Fri, dur is 7 days, so finish on Mon next two week, the task span 4 days as week end

the total work is 56hr, dur is 7 day

then you input 16hr of overtime work, then the dur change to 5day, and finish on next Thu.

But you can not specify where is this 16hr, it can be Sat/Sun or night shift of Mon/Tue

the only thing you can sure is the task has a total 16hr of overtime work.
Zhang Haixiang
change the view to ’Resource sheet’
select the resource
click ’resource information’ button on the standard tool bar
click ’costs’ tab
there are A,B,C,D,E 5 sets of cost you can set for the resource

But i think it does not work for set up week end cost

you may try ’overtime rate ’ in ’resource sheet’ for this week end issue