Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Roll-up Summary in "Group By Summary"

4 replies [Last post]
ronaldo celestino
User offline. Last seen 14 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi everybody,

I wanted to show a Roll-up Baseline Summary Bar in "Group By Summary"... I changed the fields in "from" & "to" in bar chart by "baseline start" & "baseline finish" respectively... & I put the Group By Summary in the "show..." field...., but it did not show what i wanted...

Is anybody there encountered same problem I have...

regards,
ronald

Replies

Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
I’ve had this problem as well. It’s one of the many errors (in the bar styles section) of MSP.

If you replace "baseline start" by "start" it works. In my particular schedule all first activities under each WBS started as planned so I got away with this ’workaround’.

H.T.H.
ronaldo celestino
User offline. Last seen 14 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
tnx pals,

i’ll do some experimenting as u adviced james....

i’ll send email for more info jaya...

again thank u for ur time & advice...

regards

J Venkatesh PMP P...
User offline. Last seen 10 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Ronaldo,

can you explain more...

If u want the project summary, u can get the same by Project summary task from the options menu...

otherwise, if u want to show summary for a set/group of activities, the same can be done adding additionjal information in the Text/number field...

for any details/clarifications contact me at venkat79_j@yahoo.co.in

J
James Griffiths
User offline. Last seen 15 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Ronaldo,

I can’t get it to do it either. It might be to do with having formatted the grouping AFTER having saved it with a baseline.

It could be worth performing a few experiments.

HTH.

James.