Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Difference between deadline and finish no later than constraint

1 reply [Last post]
omid mehdizadeh
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Schedulers, According to my understanding, when a deadline is used in MS Project,then the late finish of the activity will be set to that deadline date. Also, when a finish no later than constraint is used, then again the late finish of the activity will be set to this constraint date. This means both of them do the same thing and the finish date can pass the deadline or constraint date which will generate negative total float. So I would be grateful if you tell me the real difference between these two because I find them the same. Bests Omid

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 22 min ago. Offline