Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Diff between deadline and current milestone

4 replies [Last post]
Dan Mårtensson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,

I am looking for a formula that will calculate the diff between my set deadline and the milestone. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Replies

Dan Mårtensson
Thank you Rafael

I will continue working with the error.

BR

Dan
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 19 hours 20 min ago. Offline
MS Deadline Miss

There are many ways to skin a cat, lets go your way. I did not figured it out how to eliminate error display when deadline is NA because other software is my primary selection, sorry but this you will have to figure it out yourself unelss you can live with the error display meaning there is no deadline set.
Dan Mårtensson
Hello Rafael,

Thank you for a fast reply!

I’m sorry but I don’t understand your explanation.

I’m sure that you explanation is accurate, but I want to display the negative and positive slack in a field.

When my finish milestone is set I also put a deadline to show were baseline is from the start.

So I want to be able to show this in a custom field. But please explain your way again.

BR

Dan
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 19 hours 20 min ago. Offline
If you create a fixed milestone for your deadline, not tied to any activity using a must start/finish constraint, and then link this with your other unconstrained milestone using a hammock activity then the hammock duration will calculate the difference in the calendar of your choice, can be standard work days, calendar days or another appropriate choice.