Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Productivity Rate - Rebars

4 replies [Last post]
Jim Tse
User offline. Last seen 16 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello everyone. I am writing this messeage for asking help.

I am now drafting my dessertation which is about productivity rate of rebars in construction site. However, I have no idea on how can I carry out this a research/study.

In the dessertation, I am going to study the productivity rate of reinforcement fixings.

Can anyone provide me some suggestions about the methodology of study and the factors should taken into consideration? Thanks!

Replies

Larry Bjorn
User offline. Last seen 11 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Jim,

When you do your productivity studies, make clear what type of structure rebar is fixed to. Horizontal slabs are likely to have considerably higher productivity rates than vertical walls for example. Another distinction to make is rebar diameter – generally the larger the diameter the higher the productivity rate.

Regards,
Larry
Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 9 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Jim,

Once we have had this post in PP (regarding the temperature effect on productivity rates):
http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?fid=&Cat=7&Top=26914

Also if you want to find a site which offers productivity rates, then you can find that in: http://www.planningplanet.com/output_page.asp?choice=outputs and
http://www.theconstructionlibrary.com/index.php

HTH

Regards,
Karim

Jim Tse
User offline. Last seen 16 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Karim Mounir

Thanks for your kind and professional suggestions.
You really help me to build up the basic concept for my project. But may I ask for one more favor.

Are there any journals or readings related to this topic?
Or
Are there any books related to this topic?

(I have searched a lot for this topic and found little on this topic)

Thanks alot!
Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 9 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Jim,

You can start by collecting actual data (manhours, daily erected tonnage, actual dates), After that you can prepare your actual productivity rates on site.
You have to indicate in your study whether the steel fixers formed the rebars on site or they only erected it.
In case that the steel fixers formed the steel and later on erected it, then you can have separate productivity rates for formation and erection.
You can also make a chart for the delivery of steel rebars to the site.
From your productivity rates, you can analyze the effect of weather, working in shifts, suppliers of steel rebars, ..etc on your project.

HTH

Regards,
Karim