Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Improving? not sure

8 replies [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 52 weeks ago. Offline
Hello PP Staff,
Sorry having to say that, since the search engine is back at work, there are plenty of error pages like the following displaying on my computers;
I had the impression that it was only because of Opera 9.21, but it also appears when I am using (blah) IE 6.
Furthermore, the site is incredibly slow to load.
Alexandre

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error ’80040e14’

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.18-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’’ at line 1

C:\_PLANNING_PLANNET_FILES\WEB\V.1.2.0.6\FORUM\../includes/inc_functions.asp, line 651

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Dear PP Admin,

me too, willing to volunteer (i’m a real tin-pot!), but I guess I can help much better by just keeping quiet!

by the way, would you at least put a tie?
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi PPers

Regarding this error...

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.18-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’’ at line 1

C:\_PLANNING_PLANNET_FILES\WEB\V.1.2.0.5\FORUM\../includes/inc_functions.asp, line 651

We have looked at this again and we think it is fixed now. Please let us know if you still find the error.

Regards. PP Team.
Forum Guest
Hello,

It was supposed to read ’tin-pot’ planners. I think its a term mean to mean a bunch of ’try hards’ or ’rabble’ or ’collection’ - something like this.

We couldn’t define it, but found the following definition on the web...

’Tin’, as an adjective, and when not literally referring to the metal, means something cheap, shoddy, inferior, lacking in quality. A tin pot is a poor replacement for something made of a better metal, such as iron, steel, silver or copper.

A tin pot republic is a small country of little consequence to the world affairs.

A tin pot firm, then, would be an inconsequential company whose business is inconsequential to the industry as a whole.

Seriously, if anyone wants to volunteer time or help in some way then please let us know.

PP Admin.
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Dear PP Admin,

what do you mean by volunteer itn-pot Planners? the ones doing the sharp-end of Planning?

just curious...
Forum Guest
Hello...

Regarding this error...

C:\_PLANNING_PLANNET_FILES\WEB\V.1.2.0.5\FORUM\../includes/inc_functions.asp, line 651

We have looked at this and think we may have found the problem. Would you please let us know if you are still getting the same error.

Please be patient and remember that PP is held together by a group of volunteer itn-pot planners who are doing their best, in their spare time, to hold this mighty website together.

We sincerely hope we have fixed the problem listed above.

Regards. PP Team.
Ife Olyke
User offline. Last seen 9 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
I posted the same question 3 days ago and still don"t have a response yet..See below:

This question is for PP Admin or anyone that can advice accordinly.

Anytime i try to access planning planet website, i get an error message at the first instance, then when i referesh, it opens. Pls see the error message below: