Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

vulgar name calling

Recently within a LinkedIn discussion one of the members of the GPC used the forum as to call others who do not agree with the guild as a d**khead.  This is wrong and there shall be some minimum standards on how members of the guild behave, we can disagree but these insults are not to be taken as if nothing happened.  Calling someone someone d**khead shows lack of education on the person whom recurs to such name calling.

To use such vulgar name calling is a reflection of what the person that uses it really is.

To say that the Guild team have bent over is demeaning to all team members.  

Hi All,Post on Weather

Paul it looks like you are

Paul it looks like you are still having anger problems.

David Kelly, Suggesting that

David Kelly,

Suggesting that someone must accept apologies for such vulgar language just because you are confortable with it is wrong, such vulgar language is unacceptable.  Suggesting that someone is a d**khead just because is asking for accountability on the use of such vulgar language is wrong and unacceptable.

I would never call anyone d**khead, in my vocabulary this is not a word I would ever use.

At home we have the saying, "which it is why scratching itches"; same as "no more blind than he who will not see" is acceptable in any debate but d**khead is not.

http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/oracle-primavera-pm6/593127/how-dis...

Best Regards,
Rafael

Rafael, Your forthright

Rafael,

Your forthright manner is not to everyone's taste, but nevertheless we should all be respectful to one another.  For example suggesting that someone is blind for not agreeing with you is, I am sure, exactly the sort of thing you would be uncomfortable with.

And of course if someone felt the need to apologise for suggesting I was blind I would immediately accept that apology, because to do otherwise would demonstrate that I am the dickhead.

Have a great day!

I believe in accountability,

I believe in accountability, mere I am sorry is not good enough for me.  If there is no accountability the Guild will be forever having to accept such behavior.  Paul is by no means a child, he knows very well that such name calling is wrong but still he did it with the sole intention to insult and denigrate someone else.

http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/guild-project-controls-gpc/591073/09-managing-project-progress

2)    Focus on the ISSUES. Don’t attack or denigrate any person.  Everyone who contributed to the GPCCAR (including Vladimir!!) are all well-known and highly respected PRACTITIONERS.

When convenient he issues some guidelines, when convenient he knowingly breaks his own rules but this time he has gone too far and by his own rules he shall not be considered a respected PRACTITIONER.  He is out of control and will ever be.

Hi Rafael.Perhaps the term

Hi Rafael.

Perhaps the term "Richard Cranium" would be more acceptable.

I was on a project some time ago when the manager gave out a "Richard Cranium" award for the most inspired cock up of the month.

The winner wore a pink helmet for the next month.

Any way I agree that there is no place for such derogatory terms between members of the guild. Dr Paul should aplogise.

Best regards

Mike Testro